Reshared post from +G+ Mentorship Program for Photographers
The CAMERA BASICS: Beyond Automatic mentorship is ready for sign-ups! Read the instructions before you sign up!
This is a special program through thedesigned to help you get to know your camera better and be able to move into Manual shooting mode. A group of mentors will be taking on a handful of people for a 4-week on-line mentorship program which will include lessons, assignments, and informal discussions (with perhaps an opportunity for a couple of bonus weeks, if you're nice to them … ;o7). Everyone who participates can have fun and learn at the same time!
We have assembled a very able group of quality, knowledgeable and caring photographers from thecommunity who want to share their understanding and experience with you.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a camera BASICS workshop only, designed to help an individual past shooting on Auto mode exclusively. It will cover how to use the various manual options for DSLR cameras and some "point and shoot" cameras that have a dedicated Manual mode. Do not apply for this workshop if your camera does not have a Manual mode.
Group size is LIMITED.
The sign-up closes in 48 hours after this posting and selections begin immediately after. Selections will be announced Friday, July 26th, for the mentorship beginning Sunday, July 28th. You must have thepage circled to receive the private message, if you are selected.
These are the selection criteria:
• You must be taking and posting your own photographs regularly here on G+ –– an absolute minimum amount of posting at three days between Public posts; more increases your chances of being selected. (The class itself will be private to the group selected.)
• You must be interactive here at G+, as you will be expected to participate in this program giving feedback and comments to others.
• You have the time available to participate in this workshop.
(We use the same selection criteria that https://plus.google.com/b/105385385448524520257/105385385448524520257/posts/BT1Ei9qD2fi )uses for her "G+ Mentorship Art for Photographers Program", which you can read about here to see if you qualify for the BASICS mentorship:
To be considered for selection, please comment to the main post only, here: https://plus.google.com/b/105385385448524520257/105385385448524520257/posts/YT391vzh5Bf
(your application will not be seen at any reshares) and answer the following questions in your comment:
1) Photography skill level or how long you've been shooting
2) Type of camera/s you currently shoot with that have Manual mode
3) Aspirations within photography
4) Current job or profession
5) Amount of time you have available for participation
1) Shooting for 1 year approx.
2) Canon EOS Rebel T3
3) To sell prints of my work
4) Full-time grocery store clerk
5) I do have a job and two kids, but I will make the time for this
Theis run by program directors and
The Mentoring team:
The Assisting team: